Despite wielding great influence among the highest realms of British politics and media, little is known about the individuals and groups which collectively are known as the pro-Israel lobby.
Political commentator Peter Oborne sets out to establish who they are, how they are funded, how they work and what influence they have, from the key groups to the wealthy individuals who help bankroll the lobbying.
He investigates how accountable, transparent and open to scrutiny the lobby is, particularly in regard to its funding and financial support of MPs.
The pro-Israel lobby aims to shape the debate about Britain's relationship with Israel and future foreign policies relating to it.
Oborne examines how the lobby operates from within parliament and the tactics it employs behind the scenes when engaging with print and broadcast media.
For background information, click here. In particular, the articles below (others are listed on the left-hand margin of http://www.redress.cc/stooges):
- Israel’s agents of influence in Britain
- Who's who of Israel's agents of influence in Britain – also in PDF format.
- Zionists at the heart of the British government
- British premier stresses his pro-Israel credentials
- Exposing the ignorance and hypocrisy of Conservative Friends of Israel
- Gordon Brown puts Israel lobbyist in charge of Britain's Middle East policy
- Israel now calling the shots on UK security?